We collect, use, and disclose Personal Information to provide our employees, candidates, suppliers and customers with the product or service they have requested, to personalize their website experience, and to offer them additional products and services we believe they might be interested in. The Personal Information collected will be limited to those details necessary for the purposes identified by us. The methods used to collect information include but are not limited to:
- Through emails, texts, and/or any other messages between us.
- Via website or social network platform.
- Through products offered via our online platforms.
- Trade shows and conferences.
- Other interactions, both online or offline, including, without limitation, your response to job postings, employment opportunities, and through recruitment.
We may collect information about you which may include:
- Personal identifiable information such as name, mailing address, email, phone number, company, and position (each of these classified as “Personal Information”).
- Financial and payment information related to orders placed with Genius.
- Your internet connection, website access log and usage details.
- Information provided by filling out forms on a website, responding to surveys, providing feedback and suggestions, or reporting a problem with a website.
- Employment history and related information when responding to job postings and opportunities.
- Details of commercial transactions with Genius.
This information may be provided by you directly or may be collected via website or platform navigation.
We use the information collected (including personal information) to provide you with products and services that we continually improve. This includes but is not limited to:
- Personalising your website or platform experience.
- Sending you communications, including by email.
- Promoting our products and services to you.
- Provide you with any requested information.
- Job application evaluation.
- To fulfill contractual obligations including billing and collection.
Your information may also be disclosed to third parties:
- To our subsidiaries.
- To third party service providers who are used to support our business.
- To another organization upon your consent.
For any information being transferred outside of Quebec, Genius is responsible and ensures the necessary contractual documentation is in place. We will never sell your information to a third party.
At Genius we only collect and process Personal Information where we have a lawful basis to do so. Your consent, fulfillment of the performance of a contract between us or a legitimate interest, such as providing a product or service to you, protecting our network, monitoring Website and Platform performance or processing and evaluating job applications, all provide a lawful basis for collecting and processing your information.
Providing us with your Personal Information is always your choice. However, the decision not to provide certain information may limit our ability to provide you with our products or services. We will not require our employees, candidates, suppliers, and customers to consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of information as a condition to the supply of a product or service, except as required to be able to supply the product or service.
Children under 13 may not give us their Personal Information. If you believe that we might have information about any child under 13, please contact us at: email@example.com
Retention, Destruction and Security
Personal Information will only be retained for the period required to fulfill the purpose for which we collected it or as may be required by law. We may retain your information after you have stopped using our products and services to comply with legal obligations, maintain security, or resolve disputes. At the end of the retention period, Genius will ensure destruction or anonymization of the data.
Personal Information will be protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information. Genius has implemented organizational and technical measures to secure your information and we regular check our systems to prevent security breaches. We take all reasonable precautions to protect all Personal Information from any loss or unauthorized use, access, or disclosure.
Your Right to Access your Information
Every effort is made to ensure that Personal Information collected is accurate and up to date. Upon request, you can request access to the details of the Personal Information held by Genius, such as what is collected as well as who may receive it. You may request changes or corrections to your Personal Information if you believe it to be incomplete or inaccurate. We will accommodate these requests if the requested changes comply with the law or any legal requirement, and/or do not impact our ability to provide you with continued service.
You may request restriction or erasure of your Personal Information if you feel the processing is inaccurate, unlawful, unnecessary or where you have objected to the processing. We may not be able to delete your Personal Information without also deleting your user account. We may reject your request if such request would interfere with our legitimate interest in processing your Personal Information.
You may also withdraw your consent to processing for marketing purposes.
Cookies are widely used, and most web browsers are configured initially to accept cookies automatically. You may change your Internet browser settings to prevent your computer from accepting cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie so that you may decline its acceptance. Please note, however, if you disable cookies, you may not experience optimal performance of our website.